A sewing machine looks beautiful when it’s placed on a sewing table, but quite confusing, and, not to mention, a bit terrible when you have to use it and have no idea how to do so. Well, it’s definitely a skill to use a sewing machine, and not everyone is successful in the first attempt. But once you learn how to use it like a pro, you will be the next in industry crafting out some outstanding textile wonders.
Quite often, sewing machines are often a present by our moms or grandmothers. So, here is a guide that tells you how to make use of your sewing machine like a pro. Learn it before it rusts out wandering alone in the basementJ.
Use Sewing Machine like a Pro
Firstly we’ll learn how to thread the bobbin.
- Gently slide the thread on the threading spindle.
- Now slide that piece that helps in keeping the thread on the spindle right next to the thread.
- Next you have to pull out a piece of thread and then push it through the thread holder on
- Now just like you put the thread in a sewing pin, put one end in the bobbin and wrap it around the little circle thing.
- Finally slide the bobbin on the bobbin spindle and flip the switch that lets the foot pedal to put the thread on the bobbin.
- Don’t forget to cur the extra thread. The bobbin is now ready.
Now we have to thread the machine.
- Firstly slide the bobbin we just threaded into the bobbin holder.
- Now close this cover and drop the needle by turning the handle. Also ensure that the switch is flipped back after you have threaded the bobbin.
- Now when the needle comes back up, it will have the bobbin thread with it.
- Finally pull the bobbin thread through and your machine is ready to sew.
Time to start the sewing process. Prepare whatever material you want to sew and place it under the foot. You have to lower the foot, drop the needle into the fabric and finally press the pedal to start the sewing process. It’s quite easy. However, it isn’t necessary that all sewing machines are operated by a foot pedal. The latest machines are quite compact and starts with a simple push button.
Here is a video that explains better about sewing. https://youtu.be/s7Brhg7l3OY
That’s all about sewing like a pro. Although there is a lot more, but it’s something that you have to do it by yourself like using different sewing techniques or practicing to thread faster. Still have questions? Don’t hesitate to ask in comments.